Monday, December 31, 2007

New life and a New year

At 9:30 am yesterday we were notified of the birth of our first (my step) great grandson. Cute little dude! Checked him out today at the hospital where he and his mother are stuck for New Year's Eve. In my day we loved having those extra days in the hospital to rest especially when it was a second child. Only rest you were going to get for many years so you took advantage of it. Now they usually throw you out of there before you have time to be sure the placenta is out. Apparently the food wasn't to her liking and she was out of her room in search of something more than what they called "lasagna" at lunch. We saved her with a big bag of goodies like milano cookies. If we had known we'd have taken a run through at the local fast food restaurant and really made her happy. While she chatted on the phone and nibble we (my daughter, granddaughter and me) took turns counting toes and fingers. Seems just like yesterday that I was doing that with the mother. The concensus is that he's a very acceptable new member to our rather crazy family. We were a little short on males so that makes it extra special.

I was to have an end of the year settlement late this afternoon. When I called the Buyers (my clients) I found out that the wife had decided to leave yesterday and go to Michigan to visit her Uncle. She was under a warped illusion that she could fax signatures back and forth. I informed the husband that she needed to get her fanny back to PA by Wednesday since getting her back by 5:00 was out of the question. I told him we needed to get this deal done. The Sellers have been very patient waiting for all the Buyers needs. I then called the mortgage rep and informed him of our missing client. He laughed until he realized that this wasn't an end of year joke. He then called the husband making the same threats I had made. Unbelievable that after all this time and effort that it came to this. Each settlement seems to get stranger and stranger.

No big plans tonight for the celebration of the end of 2007. A couple snacks and watching the ball drop in New York (on tv, of course). Happy New Year all!

No comments: