Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Two more

I've had lots of time to read since I'm basically bed bound. I will be venturing out this morning to see the dreaded neurosurgeon again. I guess this time he won't be giving me encouragement because I'm doing so much better. Oh Boy! I had to beg for an appointment.

I read a Maeve Binchy book called "Star Sullivan." Very short book and once again a wonderful story by the Irish author. Star just wanted everyone to be happy - wanted her father to stop gambling, her mother not to work so hard, her brother to stay out of trouble, her sister to stop worrying about her weight. This was life for her until Laddy moved in next door and everything began to change. She was no longer the sweet, thoughtful girl everyone loved and no one worried about.

I also read James Patterson's "7th Heaven." Talk about a short read! My husband brought it home to me about 4:00 and I finished it by midnight with several naps in between. Patterson could save paper if he wrote longer chapters. This one was about the Women's Murder Club (four women who join forces to solve the crimes) and there were two story lines going at the same time. A serial arsonist/murderer and the disappearance of a former governor's son. A typical Patterson page turner.

We got a dusting of snow this morning. Just enough to make it miserable to drive and not enough to keep me home.

No comments: