Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day

I made potato salad, cole slaw, and chicken is ready to be fried but no one has showed up. I wanted to be prepared just in case but looks like it isn't happening. I thought I might get a visit from the oldest granddaughter but I got a long phone call instead. Looks like hubby and I will be feasting on the above mentioned items for the majority of the week.

I finished the second "Dexter" novel last night. This one is "Dexter in the Dark" and it was okay but not near as good as the first one or the television show. His story line is usually very believeable but in this one he took a trip down "Stephen King highway." Little to sci-fi! When you start hearing music in you head that makes you follow it to some weird cult gathering than it goes to a different level of novel for me. Hope he doesn't continue in this way into his future books. Now I'm taking on a Mary Higgins Clark novel which should be much calmer.

No comments: