Wednesday, July 2, 2008

While browsing....

Several months ago I was antique shopping with my daughter and ended up in their used book area. Surprise! I found a book there by Robert Goddard called "Painting the Darkness." Published in 1989. I hadn't heard of the author but the story sounded interesting. It proved to be a very good purchase. Time frame was late 1800's in London. After 11 years, James Davenell shows up to claim his rightful birthright. A baroncy and a fortune. He had left a suicide note and disappeared those many years ago so when his Father died, his younger brother inherited. Is he really the missing brother or a good fraud. This novel was filled with twists and turns that were very intriguing. Great story which kept me up till 3:30 this morning. Browse the used books! I'm going to search for more of this author's books.

No comments: