Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Blah day....

Finished another wonderful novel by Elizabeth Berg. This one was "Joy School." It was a prequel to another of her novels and I wasn't aware of it until I recognized the main character. Katie is a newly turned 13 year old whose mother has died and she's an Army brat and dragged to a new school by her father. They've left Texas and her friends there. Now she has to find new friends. Not an easy thing for her. There's Cynthia who is intimidated by a domineering mother and Taylor who is a model and also a shop lifter. She's befriended by a Catholic priest even though she isn't Catholic and a 23 year old gas station attendant. The time frame is the early 60's. I can so relate to the events of the day since that is my time frame, too. Such a wonderful author and a wonderful story.

Still waiting on that second interview! Feel like I'm swimming in a fog.

No comments: