Friday, September 5, 2008

New Job tomorrow

I start orientation tomorrow for the new job. It's an all day event in Harrisburg. Got to be there by 8 a.m. so I guess I'll be getting up at 5:30 to be sure I make it in time. Might as well get used to it since I have my work schedule for the next two weeks and three days I start at 6 a.m. They have me working every day for 9 days straight. Nothing like easing back into the work force. Got to get a few outfits, too.

I finished "The Lady Queen" by Barbara Kyle. It was an historic fiction. Another about a ward of Sir Thomas More. This ward was totally fictional. Sir Thomas was a fanatic about his Catholism and did everything he could to rid England of heretics. Most were burned at the stake. His ward is Honor who adored him and was well taught in his household. When her early childhood friend was burned at the stake by More it ended her relationship with him. Her quest became getting all she could out of England that would end up at the stake. She was a lady in waiting for Queen Catherine and stayed with her until the Queen was sent off to a convent. It gave Honor the cover she needed to continue her quest. She became an advocate for the Protestants but never converted. No longer a believer in Catholism and not taking on the Protestant belief she would end up the way of the people she tried to save. I love those historic fictions! This one was very good. The author even threw some insights into Anabaptists which is interesting to me since most of my ancestors we Anabaptists.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Fernie,

As the author of THE QUEEN'S LADY I'm delighted that you enjoyed the book. Reaching discerning readers like you is what an author lives for.

BTW the sequel to THE QUEEN'S LADY will be published in March 09 and there will be two more Tudor-era novels after that. All of them feature more stories about the Thornleigh family. I hope you'll enjoy them too.

Barbara Kyle