Monday, September 29, 2008

OK

I did the big squeeze today and all is well. They sure don't let you have any hints along the way. I suffered through 9 mammogram pictures then went to a sonogram. Since I did feel something before going in there, the look on the women's faces had me convinced of the worst. Their expressions are deadpan. I literally dropped into a chair when I met with the doctor and he showed me that the pictures were all clear. No explanation of what I felt but I'm just glad it's nothing to worry about. I will definitely be more diligent in the future. Always was until I ran into a problem with my former gyn. Never met the woman for all the years I went to that office. Always dealt with her Nurse Practitioner. Suddenly the NP is gone and the gyn is introducing herself. Needless to say she found all kinds of problems and I was under the knife. Nothing she did was successful and it was pure torture. I no longer want anything to do with her. Sure hope the new office is better! I miss the old NP! Wish I could find where she went.

Sold a house to a young couple about 8 or 9 years ago. I stayed in touch as I usually do with cards throughout the year. When it was time for them to head back to their hometown they called me to sell their home. Love them for that! I was successful and off they went. Her job was still local even though she was now living 4 hours away and she had to come back every so often to touch base and hang out with her manager. Our phone would ring and she and sometimes both of them would ask to stay with us. We were generous for quite a few years but it turned into abuse when the children started coming and I was asked to babysit while she did her office time locally. No compensation! I started to be unavailable and I thought they'd finally gotten the hint. Last night she called and said she'd missed talking to me and how was I doing. Sure enough, she needed a favor. She lost her job locally a few months ago but a friend of her's from here lost her mother recently and the funeral is this week. She's bringing both babies (2 and 4) and wondered if I could watch them while she goes to the viewing or funeral. She caught me in a generous moment (and after all it's a death) so I agreed to rush home from work tomorrow to spend my evening watching her kids. She had just mentioned how they fight all the time so I'm just thrilled to have them here for 3 hours or so. I'll bet that she asks if they can stay. She already has her foot in the door with the little ones so what will I do? I don't have a baby proof house anymore. Oh dear!

2 comments:

Geoff said...

Glad all was ok. The chicken leg I rubbed and buried under the crossroads at Madison and Whitelock must have worked.

Hilda can curse witchcraft all she wants. It worked for her Dad.

fernie said...

You probably inherited that POW WOW ability since it's passed down through the males. You should find one of those ancient books and study up on it. Thanks for burying the chicken leg!