Sunday, November 16, 2008

Jeffrey Deaver's latest




I'm a big fan of Jeffrey Deaver's novel of his character Lincoln Rhymes. When I discovered that his latest book, "The Bodies Left Behind" was not part of that series, I thought I'd probably not enjoy it as much. Wrong! It was great! Kept me glued to every page. It all started when a youngish couple heads to their vacation home for a relaxing weekend only to become victims of an horrendous crime. The husband tried to dial 911 but didn't get more than "This" spoken before the call disconnected. Being out in the middle of nowhere near a lake next to a state park, the local police decided to send their deputy that was closest to the spot to check it out. Little did she know she'd fall into the worst night of her life. What twists and turns! I couldn't even come close to guessing who was guilty and who wasn't. Looks like I have to wait until 2010 for the next in his Lincoln Rhyme's series.

No comments: