Sunday, December 14, 2008

Cravings

My Mom used to make some interesting meals. We were poor and one pot meals were a standard. We saw a chicken or a chunk of beef on Sundays but otherwise it was something unusual. Tomato gravy, Hungarian goulash (not really, but that what she called it), and tuna curry on rice. Once in a while I find myself wanting to have these tasty morsels. Recipes, no! My Dad threw them out and it's up to me to recreate the dish. I can do the goulash. That's just throwing ground beef in a bit fry pan and adding celery, onions, a can of tomatoes and some macaroni. Simple but pretty tasty. I used to love the tuna curry dish but neither of my husbands liked it. Mom's been gone for 17 years and so it's been well over that since I had any. Today I decided to try to replicate it. YUCK! I think I went way too heavy on the curry. I'll let you know when my acid reflux tames down. I hope it's totally out of my system by tonight or I'll be paying the price for that experiment. Kind of cured my craving for the time being. My brother mentioned an onion sandwich. Tomato sandwiches and onion sandwiches were more common than peanut butter in our home. If I was staying home for a day or two than the onion sandwich wouldn't be such a bad idea.

Tonight's the big company holiday party. Free food at the local sea food restaurant. Can't beat that!

Readding the latest Clive Cussler. Won't be ready to review for a while.

No comments: