Sunday, April 19, 2009

day off

I finally have a day off and was all set to enjoy it when I got a call from "Hubby" at 6:44 am telling me his car had broken down about 3 miles from home and he needed me to come and get him and take him to work. I threw on some clothes and was out the door in minutes. I wrapped my good winter scarf around his mirror (red) and loaded him in the Jeep and off we went to his job. Dropped him off and back I went to call AAA and wait for the tow truck to come. Finally at 9:05 he shows up to take it away. Now I'm back home and exhausted! So much for a relaxing day off before I have to go back to the grind. I ended this week with 40 hours and I'm scheduled for 40 this coming week. I wish I could keep those hours coming. Sure helps when the pay check comes out.




Finished a Carol Higgins Clark novel called "Laced." It's her typical Regan Reilly Mystery Series and this one was set in Ireland. I found the book in a bargain bin or I probably wouldn't have gotten it. It was a fun, quick read...much like her Mother's style book. I'm looking for something to read now with a little more substance. I have a stack of books as long as my arm but nothing is jumping out at me. Maybe it's my lack of time to invest in reading lately.

No comments: