Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Electronically challenged

I got my new phone and it didn't come with a book. It came with a CD that you need to have the internet to open. Unfortunately I can't open it. I'm winging it and trying to figure out how to do all the things I now can do on this little gizmo. I still have a few weeks to decide whether I want to keep it or not. Still wanting something more but don't want to spend the extra to have it.




As much as I've said about Patricia Cornwell in the past I bought her new book anyway. Her last one was better so I thought I'd give her another shot. She's back on track with her characters but I found some very disjointed areas in this novel. She talks about characters that I don't remember reading about and suddenly they are important to the crime. I thought maybe I missed something in the last book that I should have remembered. Maybe Patricia thinks she's the only author that people read and that they absorb everything from each novel and remember it a year or more while she writes the latest. I read 60 books a year or more and I can't be expected to remember all those details. Anyway, except for a few problems like that it was a pretty good read. Good to see all the main characters back to normal and doing well.

My hours have been cut so drastically at work that I'm begging for more and hoping that someone will call off sick so I can pick up their hours. It worked two weeks ago and this week. Last week was horrible. I must admit that my feet were much less painful when I didn't have to stand on them for more than 4-5 hours a day. The last two days I've been on them for over 10 each day. Thanks to all those sickies that gave me a full week's work.

No comments: