Sunday, January 31, 2010

Migraine

Finally a day off and I spent it once again with a blinding migraine. I slept most of the day and finally feel a step closer to normalcy.




I finished "The Angel's Game" by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. It was to be a prequel to "The Shadow of the Wind" but other than mentioning the bookstore and owners from the previous book it wasn't anything prequel about it. It was once again set in Barcelona. A young man named David Martin makes his livinng by writing sensationalist novels under a pseudonym. He's a survivor of a brutal childhood. He moved to a house he always wanted to live in which is believed to have a horrific past. The history of the place seeps into his very being. He receives an offer he can't refuse. Write a novel about a new religion and get paid a fortune. This leads to a realization that this house he lives in and the evil he feels is all connected.

I've been offered full time work. Since I've been able to get 40 hours for the last few weeks and that will end soon, I took the offer. Not sure what is happening. Suddenly a place that can't give me hours over 29 is offering me full time. There are changes coming since we've been slated to be the new home of the District Manager. I've been told heads will roll. I didn't want full time work but I did want at least 35 a week and the freedom to take time off if I needed it. That wasn't happening so I did what I needed to do. Hope I made the right decision.

No comments: