Friday, January 8, 2010

More work

I've had an increase in my deminished hours lately. They fired a bunch of people for different reasons so they've needed me to help fill in until new hires are trained and in place. 40 hour weeks are coming up! It's amazing that I was being penalized for having too many hours as a part-timer and now it's okay. Saturday I get to work another 11 hour shift. Can't figure out this company. Once again my hopes for training on a new job have been smashed since I'll be too busy in the other department to get the time to train.

I'm working on reading Stephen King's latest novel. I'm enjoying it. The only problem is it's almost 1200 pages long and even though I'm trying to read at least 100 pages a day, it's taking quite a while. I feel like I'm slacking in the reading department. By now I would have a couple books done. Early morning work shifts are interferring, too. Hard not to get home and fall asleep on the sofa for a little snooze when you've gotten up at 4:00 am.

No comments: