Friday, March 26, 2010

More sequels



It's beginning to look like all I read are sequels. Clive Cussler has written another in his series from the Oregon Files. This one is "The Silent Sea." These are a little different from his NUMA series. This is about a ship that has been overhauled to look rusted and ruined on the outside but inside it is a modern wonder of technology. The corporation that runs the ship does "jobs" for countries around the world, including the US. These are jobs that need to be done without the world in general knowing about them. This job was many fold. Started as a rush to Argentina to find a satelite that was possibly shot down and needed to be recovered for the US. That leads to the discovery of a blimp that was flown and came down in Argentina in the 1940's. In the process of notifying the next of kin, the background for a treasure hunt came about which lead the corporation on a mission to the Anartica to save it from a combined Argentina/China takeover there. I love the adventures!

Three days off from work and I'm ecstatic! That hasn't happened in ages and especially since I became full time. Don't try to pry me off the couch! Another big decision was made this week and I put my real estate license in escrow. 19 years ago I became one and it was time to give it up. No regrets!

No comments: