Thursday, June 3, 2010

Waiting

Here I sit in the waiting room of a local hospital waiting for news of my daughter. She went in for removal of her left kidney and a renal tumor the size of a mountain. We've known about this for the last few weeks but have had to wait patiently for the surgery to get it OUT! Finally the day has come but now we wait for the procedure to be done. As a parent you never want to experience this. Years ago I waited for my son to go through the removal of melanoma mass from his shoulder. Cancer is not something that our family has had to deal with. We're used to hearing about someone having an anuerysm or a heart attack. We know diabetis runs rampant, also. Cancer, NO! Especially cancer in your kids! She's very upbeat and I'm impressed with her ability to handle this situation. Inside, I'm a mess! On the outside I'm putting on the brave face. God is definitely giving me the strength "I" need to get through this.

No comments: