Monday, August 2, 2010

The ankle bones connected to the leg bone

I slipped in the shower the other night and my bum leg went slipping off the edge and slammed into the tub. Now I have a nasty bruise on the inside of that knee. By the next morning the whole leg had swelled right down to the toes. The cast was cutting into the top of my foot. Of course that was the day I had to be on my feet the most at work. Sure was glad for today off! What a klutz!


Tomorrow is a big day! Our 32nd wedding anniversary! I'm working till 6:30 so plans for a night out are probably not going to materialize but after all these years I guess it isn't a big deal. Can't believe how time has flown by. Seems like just last year that we were the talk of the office.

Finished a great novel by Louise Murphy. "The True Story of Hansel and Gretel" puts a new spin on the old fairy tale. Two very young Polish Jewish children are dropped off in the woods during WWII to make their own way so their father and stepmother could lure the German's away from the children. They are told to never use their old names and to go by Hansel and Gretel. They were to look for a farmer that would take them in. They wandered around until they came to a hut occupied by an old woman who against her better judgement, took them in and got them phony papers to proclaim them to be Christian. She kept them safe even though there was a strong German presence in the local town and suspicions were high. The parents joined the particians that wandered the forests killing all the Germans that they encountered. This was an excellent novel and I'll be checking to see if there are more by this author. It was a good find for me on Amazon.

No comments: