Saturday, October 23, 2010

Day off

Okay! I had a list of things to do as long as my arm but NO! I had to spend the day reading my latest book. My hubby's birthday party is next week and instead of getting all those preparations done on my only day off before the big event I just buried my head in this book and read my day away. Sara Gruen's "Ape House" is a wonderful read. I enjoyed her "Water for Elephants" so I was hoping for a repeat. I was not disappointed. In this one Gruen took us to a Great Ape Language Lab where the bonobos were taught to sign and could communicate with there scientific protectors. After a bombing from a protest group the apes were sold and ended up on a television reality show. One of the original scientists that was injured in the bombing and a journalist joined forces to get the apes back. Well worth checking this one out.

No comments: