Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Running out of books

I've proven that I could be a proof reader and read for more than 8 hours a day. I think I missed my life's calling. Of course, I would have to only read books that I like which I'm sure wouldn't be the case.

I finished Nicholas Evans' "The Brave." Once I got used to him jumping from young Tommy at 8 or 9 in one chapter to Tom in his mid 50's in another chapter, it was a very good read. I figured out the ending pretty quickly but enjoyed it anyway. Tommy is British and infatuated with American cowboy shows. It's the 1950's and that's all he can think about. His sister is an actress and gets a chance to make a movie in America. Tommy is told a secret that changes his life and off to the states he goes. There he gets his wish and is thrown into the Hollywood lifestyle. The older Tom is struggling with his past and his future that involves a tortured life with his estranged son. Two secrets are disclosed that bond the family back together.

No comments: