Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Confusing

My hubby and I regularly watch a tv show called "Castle" which is about a famous author who gets to hang with a detective and follow her around so he can get inspired to write a new series of books about her. Suddenly that new series of books has become published for real and are out and making the New York Times bestseller list. Okay, the cover says Richard Castle which is the character's name on the series and his bio is exactly what the show lists for him. Lives with daughter and mother in NYC. Shows the actor on the picture and everything. What the heck, I said. I'll read the books. I finished "Heat Wave" and it was difficult separating the characters on tv from the ones in the book but it was a pretty good mystery. Murder, mob, and art theft. Yep, that about sums it up. He has a second one and I might read it while I'm waiting for the new John Grisham to arrive.

My hubby got a kindle from his son for his birthday. Hubby isn't a big reader so I don't know how much use this kindle will get by the actual owner but I may be giving it a whirl. I downloaded a couple of books into it and then discovered that whatever I put into his kindle I can then download into my iPhone. Sweet! I'm loaded up with some new books to read at the boring job.

Hubby's birthday party was a great success! I especially liked that some old friends of mine showed up and we spent the evening catching up and laughing hysterically. I think we enjoyed his party more than he did. Now that we've touched base again we've promised to not be delinquent again in our friendship. Hopefully that will be the case.

No comments: