Friday, December 24, 2010

Number 98

I had a really boring day at work and it enabled me to read Erica Eisdorfer's "The Wet Nurse's Tale." I thought it would be an historical novel but it was just a story about a wet nurse in a Victorian time. Her mother had been one and due to her infidelity with the master of the Great House, she became pregnant and in her hour of need she became a wet nurse, also. Sarah Rose is a promiscuous, lovable, plump and scheming woman. Her second venture into infidelity gets her child kidnapped and she goes on a quest to find and get him back at whatever it takes. Very enjoyable read. If I've counted correctly, this is my 98th novel for the year. Pretty sure I can read two more before 2011.

Still can't believe it's Christmas Eve and tomorrow the house will be filled with kids and grandkids. Sure hope I didn't forget anybody and that I have enough food.

No comments: