Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thank God for the postman

More books have come. I preordered a bunch of my favorite authors who just happened to have their books coming out this fall and the books have been arriving in a timely manner. The latest was Steve Berry's "The Emperor's Tomb." This time his character Cotton Malone (former agent turned book seller) is called in to help a friend rescue a child that has been stolen in China. For once Cotton's used book store did not get blown up or shot up in one of his adventures. He first heads to Belguim from his home in Denmark and then to China with death and destruction all the way. Great read! This is my 84th book so far this year. Beat out my 70 from last year in a big way. Don't think I'm going to make it to 100. That would be impossible with things like Christmas shopping and decorating taking priority this coming month.

Managed to get two days off in a row at work and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. One down and one to go. Even managed to get back to my new job one day this week and got a little extra reading time done. Already part way through "King Solomon's Mines" which is another of the 1001 books to read before I die!! It's another Kindle book so it's on my iPhone and easy to carry with me.

No comments: