Wednesday, January 12, 2011

#6

Finished Tami Hoag's "Secrets to the Grave." It was a sequel to her last novel and ended up being a pretty good read. Former FBI profiler, Vince and his wife, Anne, are helping to find out who brutally murdered Marissa Fordham leaving a 4 year old daughter who got caught up in the brutality and almost died. Seems everyone is a suspect and the daughter isn't helping even though she saw the murderer. She said "Daddy killed Mommy," but that she calls everyone who ever dated her mother, Daddy. Lots of suspense but I figured it out way before the end.

Boss called me on my day off and told me my job is being cut back to a part time position and that I have to go on the floor on a face the customer job. Can't go back on the front desk so it looks like I'll be facing many hours on my feet. Just when I thought I might be getting those heel spurs calmed down. Ruined my day off and now I'm having a sleepless night worrying about it. My personal feeling is that he's trying to get rid of the older workers and put younger ones in our place. Wish retirement were a little closer.

No comments: