Thursday, June 2, 2011

#40

Had to put aside a book I was enjoying because it fell apart on me. It's on it's way back to Amazon for a replacement. I finished "Lilies in Moonlight" by Allison Pittman. Cute little novel but not an author I'll be looking to read again. 1925's and a young woman is trying to make her way in Florida selling door to door products. She stumbles into a home where the lady of the house is not playing with a full deck but develops a liking for the young woman. The son is a former baseball player who had a rotten career and went running off to war, but came home damaged by mustard gas. Get the scenario? Hoping to find something a little more meatier in my stash of books.

Spending the day tomorrow with a newly found cousin-in-law. We met through ancestry.com and we are going to do a little cemetery searching in my home town. Her husband was my third cousin on my maternal grandmother's side. She's been curious about that side of the family so we're off on our adventure in the am.

No comments: