Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Jury Duty

Jury Duty is something I've avoided for my whole life until now. I got my notice on Saturday to report for duty on August 15th. I remember they got my husband first time when he reached my age. I guess they figure people who reach our ages are just sitting around needing something to do and we're a good pool to draw from. I'm kind of looking forward to it but I doubt there will be anything interesting happening that will keep me tied up more than my week's worth. It will get me out of work for a week just a week after I come back from vacation. Would have been nice if it would have been a little later. Being separated from my iPhone all day long will be hard to handle. Guess they wouldn't appreciate jurers sitting there texting and playing Angry Birds while the trial is taking place. Guess reading my latest novel won't happen either. Hope it's interesting so I'm not one of those people that dozes off.

Plans are made for our family adventure to NYC. I'd much rather it was a fishing trip to Lake Ontario or somewhere in Canada but I guess those days are over. I get to have my kids and grandkids for 3 days which is better than nothing. We're taking the Amtrak and staying in a hotel in Times Square so we should be in the heart of things. We've pretty much seen the touristy stuff but we do want to see "The Lion King" since my son's student is starring in it now and it will be nice to go while he's there. Am looking forward to some Dim Sum, YUM!! Maybe a trip to ground zero would be nice to see what's happening there after all these years. I have a week off prior to the NYC trip and a few days off after we get home. Hope we can find something interesting to do in those days.

No comments: