Saturday, August 27, 2011

#66

Got this one from Amazon recently and for some reason it gave me the worst nightmare I've had in ages. Don't really know why, but I was screaming my head off in the middle of the night. Megan Abbott's "The End of Everything" is about two young girls that are neighbors and inseparable best friends. One day one disappears and it's up to the other friend to find her. She figures out who was in the area before her friend disappeared and she discovered clues that led to finding her friend after she's been missing for 3 weeks. Not your typical kidnapping and definitely a good read.

We're prepared for hurricane Irene but I don't think it's going to amount to much. I've answered a zillion calls at work from people who want generators and we haven't had any for days. I was tempted to tell them that "no we don't have any generators, but could I interest you in a nice snow blower?" That will be the next drama!

No comments: