Saturday, September 3, 2011

#68

Emily Arsenault's "In Search of the Rose Notes" was an interesting read. Two 11 year old girls are trying to solve what happened to their 16 year old babysitter who disappeared while walking home from her job. The novel flashes back and forth between 1990 when it happened and 2006 when the body is mysteriously found and the girls reunite to help solve the mystery. Very interesting.

If the thunderstorms cease and the migraine goes away then I will get to enjoy some time with my daughter and her kids at an end of summer bash. I've been scrambling to find steamed crabs to replace the original order that was to be part of a fund raiser for our employee fund at work. Apparently no one knows what is happening with those crabs and the great price we were getting them for. I finally gave up and ordered them locally so that I could stop worrying about them even though it will cost me almost a hundred bucks more. The guy at work who organized this is going to have a lot fewer friends later today.

No comments: