Monday, September 12, 2011

#71

Another of the great books I bought recently. Cathy Lamb's, "The First Day of the Rest of My Life" was an excellent read. If I end up staying up past my bedtime to read it then it's become a winner. Madeline O'Shea tells people what to do with their lives as a popular life coach yet she's living a lie. She and her sister were horribly abused by their step father and two other men and it's wounded them for life when it comes to their own futures. A reporter has found out about that past and is threatening to make it public. She's also found out about a hidden past concerning Madeline's grandparents and mother that even she didn't know.

The 10th anniversary of 9/11 was yesterday and it was so depressing. Once again tears flowed for the lost lives. I felt it necessary to watch all the specials and was shocked by the fact that so many were just hyped about the football game that was being played in the afternoon. They call my grandchildren's generation the 9/11 generation but I do not think that these kids are remembering it at all unless they were directly affected by the loss of a loved one. How sad!

No comments: