Friday, November 16, 2007

New Author

I finished "Lost Lake" by Mark Slouka. Quick read! I think I would have liked it better if it wouldn't have seemed so disjointed. It was the combination of 12 imagined stories linked by character and setting. Covered 3 generations of men and women. The first part for me was the best since it was about youth and a lake where the fishing was wonderful. I could picture myself there!

I'm waiting patiently (well not so patiently) for my Amazon order to come. They're sending it in three parts. I have to be finished with whatever I'm reading in order to get the new James Patterson book coming out next week. He's finished an Alex Cross book and that's always a great read. According to the interview on the "Today Show", Patterson says this one will involve two serial killers. Sounds like they're looking at Jamie Fox to replace Morgan Freeman as Alex Cross in the upcoming movies since Morgan was way too old for the part to begin with. He played a good character but he definitely didn't fit the one for this guy. Like Matt Damon playing Bourne in Robert Ludlum's books. They've butchered those books so bad that Ludlum wouldn't recognize his own work if he'd lived to see the films. The movies were good but shouldn't state "based on Ludlum's novels" since the the only resemblance to Bourne is the loss of memory and being chased by his own countrymen. I understand that "My Sister's Keeper" by Jodi Picoult is being made into a movie starring the Dakota sisters and Cameron Diaz. Way too young! All of them! I need to be a consultant on these matters.

Finished 8 Victorian ornaments for the big sale coming up. I figured I have about 2 -3 hours of work in each one and the material is running me about $4-5 on each so I'll probably sell them for a lot less than they cost me. Let's face it, my time isn't worth much.

I could report on all the real estate activity taking place but that would be "NOTHING!" I know we're all thinking about the holidays but wouldn't somebody like a new house to have those holidays in?

No comments: