Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Stocks are down!

Wow! the market's falling like it did back in the Clinton years. Oh that's right! I'm the only one who remembers that crash! Lost half my pension and it's never recovered. Everyone blames the current government but it started before this administration and it's not improving. Definitely not the time to be a realtor either. Buying market is down 13 percent.

The pies are made for tomorrow thanks to my darling granddaughter. Grampy is sampling one tonight to make sure it's okay. Everything is under control so far. I don't panic until everyone arrives and the potatoes have to be mashed while "all" are standing in the kitchen salivating. Tough to do what needs to be done at that point. My brother thinks I should put a menu board outside on the porch to indicate the food offered and the price per serving. There's a 25 lb. turkey plus extra legs, a ham, pork and sauerkraut, two kinds of stuffing and yet I can't find a thing to make for dinner tonight. Might be that I'm tired of cooking and don't want to even think about it. We could just skip it and have more room for tomorrow's feast. The average calorie intake for a Thanksgiving meal is 5000. Can't imagine! A bowl of cereal is sounding good!

Thank God nobody has to travel too far tomorrow. Except for Mr. Hawaii (and he's not coming) the rest are within an hour's drive. That doesn't mean they will be on time! There are a couple of kids who show up at the appointed time (bless them)but then we have those who still think it's okay to come late. They are shown the microwave since we wait for no one!

I'm not too far, yet, into "World Without End." I'm enjoying it but haven't been able to just sit and read a lot. Hopefully by Friday I'll be sitting with my feet up and enjoying a well earned day off. No shopping on Black Friday for this chick! Surprise, everybody, you're getting a gift card!

No comments: