Saturday, December 1, 2007

A fun read!

Clive Cussler has always been one of my favorite "fun" authors. He writes adventure books that usually involve such characters as "Dirk Pitt." He has three different series that always entail underwater challenges. They center around a government agency called NUMA (that is in fact not government but Cussler's own underwater research company with which he has discovered over 60 different historic sunken ships and subs). "The Chase" was totally different than his usual book. It involved a murderous bank robber from the early 1900's that is causing mayheim across the west. The "star" of the book was Isaac Bell who is a Van Dorn Detective in pursuit of the robber. The books starts in 1950 with an underwater search and ends with an underwater search but that's the only talk of water in the novel. It flashes back to the events of 1905 and stays there until the last chapter. Cussler usually has me waterlogged through his novels. This was a wonderful, fun read. Wouldn't mind him bringing this character back. Cussler hasn't let me down yet!

Started Dean Koontz's "The Darkest Evening of the Year" last night. Only got a chapter done before I had to "outen the lights" and hit the hay. Up early to get ready for a follow up interview with my former real estate company. I'm to get the formal proposal this morning. I've narrowed the field down to two companies. This one and the new company that is very small. Must make a decision this weekend so I know where I'm going to hang my hat and get things rolling. After the interview I'm headed south to Maryland with my granddaughter to spend the afternoon at a "craft party" at my daughter-in-law's. I've made some ornaments to sell and there are several other people bringing jewelry, and such, that they're selling. Nice to have the granddaughter to keep me company and then stay the night. Should be a fun day!

No comments: