Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Got to read Follett!

I finished "World Without End" this morning! Absolutely great! It took me through the lives of a group of children that shared a fearful experience in the forest surrounding a fictional town of Kingsbridge, England. The time frame was the 1300's. It was the time of Edward II. The town of Kingsbridge was headed up by a group of monks at it's famous catherdral (built during the first novel; "The Pillars of the Earth"). One of the children shared a secret with a Knight(part of that experience in the forest). The Knight became a monk and the mystery continued through the story but wasn't revealed till the end. The lives of these characters were intermingled either because of family ties, friendship or area events. History abounds along with suspense and intrigue. Throw in a little plague and it makes for a great story. I remember that even though "Pillars" was over 900 pages I didn't want it to end and I felt the same after this even longer book. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I won't have to wait an additional 19 years to get the next novel. Definitely worth reading and owning! I'm thinking of re-reading the first one just to have it fresh in my memory.

Another interview tomorrow with a "not well known company." Apparently they are big in other states but just coming into our area. Might as well check it out and see what they have to offer. It's really going to be difficult to make a decision. I wish there were other options!

Follett



Latest books

No comments: