Sunday, January 20, 2008

Inner Harbor

We had a lovely visit with a very dear friend and her husband at the Inner Harbor in Baltimore. The last time she and I spent January 20th together was when I walked down the isle 40 years ago with my first husband and she was my bridesmaid. Wow! 40 years and it seems like it was just a few years ago. Our children are pushing 40 and we're pushing.......well, never mind. We picked Bo Brooks restaurant for the fact that they're well known for their seafood but it wasn't as good as we remembered it being. That's the problem with returning to restaurants many years after your first visit. Never seems the same. It's amazing how you don't see someone for years and yet can just jump right back in and catch up quickly. We're hoping to reunite with our other former roommates from so long ago once the weather warms up.

I finished John Hart's "The King of Lies." Just like reading a Grisham novel. Another southern ex-lawyer turned author. The story was interesting. The main character being a young lawyer whose mother died a year and a half ago and his famous lawyer father disappeared that same night. The son had not been able to achieve the fame of his father nor did he aspire to it. His father's body was just found and it was determined to be murder. I thought I had guessed the ending but there was a twist at the end and I was pleasantly surprised. This is the second novel I've read of John Hart's and I enjoyed them both. I'll be adding him to my list of favorites.

Looking forward to tomorrow and a visit from my step granddaughter and the great grandchildren. I'll have to put away some treasures to make sure that they don't become playthings for little hands.

No comments: