Thursday, January 31, 2008

No Settlement

I got an email from the mortgage rep saying that he was trying everything he could to hold the deal together but I've already figured it's over and buried. He won't be doing business in my office or in the office of the listing agent which means he's pretty much done for in the little town he hung his shingle in. He's had since November 3rd to get this deal done and apparently he's totally incompetent to do what he's doing. Nice guy, but doesn't have it together in the mortgage business. Things are so bad right now that no matter what "they" tell us about business picking up, the writing is on the wall that they'll be a lot less realtors come the end of this year. I guess I have to make the decision as to which retail business I'll try to get into. At my age there aren't many job openings even with a degree.

I finished "The Appeal" by John Grisham. I had a pretty good idea of what was going to happen since I saw two interviews that he gave on television. He gave away too much information in those interviews and kind of spoiled the read for me. I won't do that here. In the first chapter you learn that a large corporation is sued and there's a large award pending due to an appeal to the state supreme court. The rest of the book shows us what extent that big business will go to in order to try to keep from having to pay out that award. I'll say no more so that the book won't disappoint you. It's definitely a good read as Grisham's books always are. I'm starting Elizabeth Berg's "Dream When You're Feeling Blue."

No comments: