Friday, January 25, 2008

Where or When

The latest read was Anita Shreve's "Where or When." Wrote such books as "The Pilot's Wife" and "A Wedding in December." Up there on my list of good story tellers. Two people married to other people and in the "rut." "He" found a notice in the Sunday paper of "Her" newest poetry book and was thrown back into his youth where he had met "Her" as 14 year olds' at a week long summer camp. Seeing her picture in the paper was the same as seeing her back then. He wrote; she wrote and their lives changed. The old story of finding lost loves was told beautifully. Can't say more because of the ending.

I've been assured that the settlement will take place next week on the illusive sale. Sure it is!!! This mortgage guy won't be getting any referrals from either agent in this case. I think he better give up and go back to doing what he did before he got into this business.

I'm working my way through my stockpile of books that I ordered with my gift cards from Christmas. I'm still wondering why I got some of them. I'm looking forward to John Grisham's new novel that is coming out next week. Elizabeth Berg has one coming out the same day and I'll be standing in Border's or ordering on line soon. Of course, James Patterson is bringing out another "Women's Murder Club" book on February 8th and Jodi Picoult hits the bookstores in early March. I'm a happy camper! James Patterson has 3 books coming out in as many months so we all know that he's using other writers to get this done. At least they seem to write in his style and it's hard to tell the difference. Whatever!!

1 comment:

Geoff said...

Have you read a guy named Michael Jecks? He writes mysteries set in medieval England.

I ask because he invited me to be his Flickr buddy a couple years ago, and I like the pictures he takes as he researches locales for his books.