Sunday, February 24, 2008

Another book

I've had lots of time to read but it's been a little difficult to do so. I finally managed to finish Michael Jecks' "The Malice of Unnatural Death." This author was recommended by my son as something he thought I might enjoy. I did! It was a little difficult to get all the different characters straight but the story was good. It was set in the early 1300's and that's what I like best. There was murder and intrigue so what more could a girl ask for. When the bodies of a local craftman and a King's messenger are found in the city of Exeter, England, Sir Baldwin de Furnshill, the Keeper of the King's Peace, and his friend Baliff Simon Puttock are implored by the Bishop to find out who was responsible. The dead messenger was carrying a dangerous secret that may prove fatal, should it fall into the wrong hands. Baldwin and Simon must find the murderer before he can strike again. But when murderers can use magic, no one is safe. I have several other books by this author and will look forward to reading them.

I had visitors today! My second and third cousins stopped by (Mother and daughter). There's a double relationship with these cousins. My grandfather and the second cousin's father were brothers and they married my grandmother and her mother. Two sisters married two brothers. Got it? Anyway, the daughter (3rd cousin) has been doing family history for a long time now and she's finally ready to publish the Sister's side of the family. She asked me to review the book and I'm anxious to do so. Been dying to get my hands on this information. She is almost ready to publish the Brother's side and that is something else I'm looking forward to. Guess I'll be putting the novels aside for a while until I get through this rather large book of family information. I didn't have a lot of history on this branch of the family and now I have back to 1661.

It was wonderful to have a visit! Been a lonely few days! Have a few twinges of pain now and then, especially at night, but doing pretty good today. My dust bunnies are mounting and since I can't bend at the waist I haven't been able to dress them up with bows. They're loving this lack of vacuuming!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI, do you want to borrow my daughter for a day this weekend to help you clean and such? OR my son for that matter?

ME