Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Surgery - Day 6

I'm feeling the depression that comes from being confined to the house for days on end. My excursion on Sunday to the Grandson's birthday was probably more than I should have undertaken. Feeling rather stiff and sore since then. I was re-reading the "DO NOT DO" list today and realized it said that I couldn't bend at the waist. Now I'm really confused. How do you get in bed if you can't bend at the waist? Take a run and jump? It's hard enough to lower your head without hurting your neck and now you can't bend at the waist. Good planning! I didn't sleep well last night. Not quite two hours of sleep before I was wide awake. No good way to read comfortably either. I can't prop myself up in bed with multiple pillows the way I usually do to read. Can't bend my neck to read while sitting up so that means you have to hold the book up right. That isn't good since my hands still shake too much to do that. Might be a while till I get through this next book.

I'll be on my own for a long day tomorrow. Sure hope I have everything at the appropriate level before my hubby leaves in the morning. I'd have to have a handful of cereal and a swallow of milk from the jug if I don't remember to get a bowl put out for me. I know I'll forget something!

No comments: