Monday, March 31, 2008

Boob tube.....

I used to get up and switch on the TODAY show (with hesitation since 9/11) but to try to stay on top of the current events. I also enjoyed the evening news. Lately, I'm just tired of the drama with politics. The blatant favortism of the news media as far as political parties. Living in PA we thought that we wouldn't have much say in the political process since we're so late with our primary but here we are......the big vote! I'm for neither! We're watching commercials by both potential candidates that just turn my stomach. We have the guy who gave the supposed wonderful speech from Philadelphia a couple of weeks ago. The speech was about race. We are being slammed with his commercials about being raised by a single mother and his grandparents. The commercial is centers on his mother's side of the family and her parents. Interesting! We have the female who brags about her experience that far out weighs others because she's lived in the white house. Well so did the pastry chef! In fact, I'm sure there are some that have been there through more than an eight year term. Let's get them and vote them into office. The guards or maybe the cleaning crew. Let's vote in Monica; she's got oval office experience and she's female! Poor John McCain has to use his video of being a prisoner of war in his commercial. Great! The most unpopular war of all time and he's trying to get votes from that. Maybe if he'd run in the 50's. Let's change the law and then Arnold can be president! A Republican married to a Democrat. Would be interesting! It's going to be a long month till they move out of the state and forget about us again.

I broke my titanium glasses yesterday. Snapped in half at the nose piece. I loved those glasses! Now I'm stuck with little granny glasses from the drug store that give a person a headache. My favorite optician in the whole world is in Hawaii so it's a long flight to get to him.

1 comment:

Geoff said...

Vote 3rd party. Then you can say "Don't blame me" when the one who wins starts screwing up.