Monday, March 10, 2008

Finally...post op

I got in to see the doctor today and it took a few hours of waiting even though that was the reason for the cancellation on Friday. He told me that the "DO NOT DO" list was too rigid in his estimation and I was okay with doing more than it allowed. What a relief! I can return to work if there was work to do. We'll see! The bills from the procedure are coming in and what a shock! I better find some work that pays. Anyway, I asked the doctor what exactly he had done during the surgery since I hadn't wanted to know prior to the operation. He showed me an x-ray that he had taken of me after the surgery and there was a spacer of bone in my spinal column that wasn't there before. I asked him where he got the bone and he said "out of a jar." Funny guy! I mentioned that I thought maybe he had stopped by the morgue on his way to surgery and he said that it is donated bone that is sterilized, etc. I mentioned that my cousin had bone removed from her hip to replace what she needed and he said they don't have to do that now and it is a very painful procedure. He was impressed that I hadn't needed any further pain medication. Mentioned that most patients use pain killers for months after. Maybe they're just looking for more time off work or they're addicted.

I finished "The Seduction of the Crimson Rose" which is the last to date of Lauren Willig's books. I was hoping for a wrap up but it doesn't sound like it will end for a while. I'll have to wait a year to get the next one though. This one followed immediately after the last in story line and picked up on two other characters and their involvement in the search for the Black Tulip spy working for the French and the Pink Carnation who is working for England. Still set in 1803 with flash forwards to the present and the graduate dissertation research. I hope I remember all that's happened in these last few books when they release the next one.

No comments: