Tuesday, March 18, 2008

James Patterson disappointment

I've read James Patterson for years and this is the first time he let me down. His latest book in the Maximum Ride series "The Final Warning" just didn't make the grade. Even though it's geared for 10 to 110 year olds, this one just left me disappointed. The "flock" were always in danger and this time they were only challenged once and by less than scary characters. Patterson was trying desperately to bring in the issue of "Global Warming" and getting the characters involved in it that he lost his way. I'm all for doing more for the environment and changing the world but he failed miserably with this novel. He's apparently writing way too many novels and he's struggling to fit them all in to the time slots that they are due. I'd rather wait longer and have a better quality book.

Off to the 2nd oil painting class tonight. This time we actually get to put paint on canvas even though I'm not sure what I'm doing or if I feel I'm ready for that. The supplies are purchased and our little paint boxes are at the ready to make a necessary showing. I'm doing the typical landscape but my husband is tackling an unusual still life. Fried egg in pan or on a dish. Hasn't decided but I took some pictures for him over the weekend. Not sure where we'll hang it. Maybe over the stove!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Danie didn't seem dissapointed, she finished it at 9:20 last night and came out of her room saying "there better be a number 5." She then expressed disapproval with you not being home when she tried to call to scream about the ending.

fernie said...

Glad she liked it but I just felt it wasn't up to his usual standards. There will definitely be a fifth. That was pretty much spelled out with the ending.