Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Antique shopping

Spent the day in antique shops in a local village looking for a pedestal table for my daughter's house. Lots of wonderful treasures! Also a shock to see a lot of your childhood items that are now viewed as antiques. Found a couple of books that looked interesting. Just a couple of dollars when purchased as old books. We found the desired table in a shop that was owned by a guy that I knew 40 years ago. He married one of my roommates. The marriage didn't last and I've kept in touch with my old roommate but lost track of the husband. She told me he had a shop and where it was and that's where we found what my daughter was looking for. She wants it for her library and all it needs now is a crochetted tablecloth which I had already made and have in waiting. Little by little the mansion is coming together.

Finished my first oil painting last night. I'm definitely not going to make it a career move. I have to have another project by next week. This one will probably be a still life since the last was a landscape. My hubby is doing the reverse. He's got the still life almost finished and wants to now do a landscape. I can paint a "mean" sky and dabble some clouds. Other than that, I don't think I have a calling.

I'm dragging threw a book by Philippa Gregory called "The Little House." It's a slow process and I'm having trouble keeping it going. Taking a lot longer than usual to finish. Looking forward to the new James Patterson book coming out this month. Also, a new Elizabeth Berg came out yesterday and I have it on order. Hopefully they will spur me to finish the current one. I usually love Philippa Gregory but this is one that isn't based on history and it just isn't keeping my interest.

No comments: