Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Happy Birthday to my Son

Okay, he's not really 29! He's my age! Some where along the line he seems to have caught up with me since I sure don't remember leaving my 30's and moving on. I remember going into labor and then waiting 21 1/2 hours longer to pop the little dude out. I remember leaving the hospital after a three day stay, without a clue as to what to do with him. The doctor told me to use my Mother's instincts. I was 19; what Mother's instincts. There wasn't even a small instruction sheet! No one told me that it wasn't okay to let him sleep on his stomach, or to put him in a car seat. Back then we were allowed to hold them in our laps and snuggle them in the front seat on the drive home. And no seat belt to restrain us from moving around and being comfortable. How did we ever survive! So here he is now......just got another Master's Degree. This one in Education. Congratulations on the hard work! I think he'll keep going. He seems to love going to school and getting degrees. Anyway, Happy Birthday, Son! Those years flew by but I loved them all.

No comments: