Thursday, May 15, 2008

Weird

I'm reading a book by Alice Sebold. I think I remember enjoying her novel "The Lovely Bones." I'm having a very difficult time with "The Almost Moon." By now I should be done with it and giving it a nice review. This one is dragging!

Settlement was to take place tomorrow on my daughter's house. What else could go wrong? She's had to replace her septic, repave the driveway where the backhoe (from the septic repair) broke up the existing driveway, and replace the sump pump in the so called waterproofed basement. We found out last night that the deed is wrong and there's no way that the plot can be "closed." Somewhere along the line there was an error on the deed and instead of finding and fixing the problem, it's been hidden all these years. Thirteen years ago we should have been informed about it and a survey should have taken place to correct the problem. Instead the title company just said "ho hum" and let it slide without us being informed. Here we are with a more concientious person doing the title search and now a survey must be done at daughter's expense to correct the problem that's been there and accepted all these many years. This throws off settlement until a surveyor can be found and do the job. Could be a week or more. No wonder no one wants to buy a house anymore!

One more oil painting class. So far I've whipped out four masterpieces and am working on three more. I'm really just trying to justify spending money on all those oil paints and brushes. One of the current ones is a rooster. I figured I did a pretty large stained glass rooster several years ago so why not try painting one. My friend in Michigan has the stained glass one and she may end up with the painted one whether she's interested or not. It's not huge like the glass one so it can be hidden easily.

No comments: