Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A catchy title

I picked up "The Friday Night Knitting Club" by Kate Jacobs when I was last in the book store. It looked interesting and I've been knitting lately with a friend who goes to two different knitting groups. The main character is a strong woman who was forced to make a life for herself and her new baby and what she did best was knit. It lead to her opening her own yarn shop and she did specialty knits on the side. Somewhere along the way, Friday night became the night when her regulars would show up and knit and chat. You got to know them all and a few others beside. A couple of old acquaintances came back into the picture and life changed. The strength of these women was great to read about and enjoy. I haven't cried at the ending of a book in a long time. The is a first book by Kate Jacobs and I think I'll keep an eye out for any future books she may write.

No comments: