Thursday, June 19, 2008

Customers.........

I actually have customers for Saturday morning. I haven't been on showings in ages and now I get to show 7 houses to a guy who called in while I was on duty recently. Sure hope I remember how to do it. Feels like I'm back to being a new agent with a bad set of nerves. I don't think they're in rush to buy anything and they're looking at new homes, also, so it will probably be a waste of my time. Keeping my fingers crossed!

The grandkids are still here. I can't believe how long they can spend playing video games. They only come out for food and to check their emails on MySpace. We had dinner out with my son and his wife last night at a new restaurant in a local town. It's international cuisine and I feel sorry for the owners since the economy is so bad that hardly anyone is stopping by to eat there. PA people have this thing about eating out only when there's a menu full of fried food. This place makes some very good meals but the service is rather slow and the staff is inexperienced. Hope they make it! Good to catch up on what's happening with my son. He's got two months off from teaching and has a list of things he wants to do the length of his arm. We'd all like to be traveling but a single flight to Europe now is what we used to spend on our whole trip for two including lodging. Guess our European travel days are over!

I heard some very sad news recently. A classmate of mine has developed Alzeheimer's. He's just recently turned 59 and it apparently is very aggressive. It's just so hard to believe that at the next class reunion he won't be in attendance. It was just last October when we had our 40th and he seemed fine. His twin brother had survived cancer recently and was doing well and here's he is with this darkness waiting to drop on him and steal away his life. I used to have alternating crushes on both brothers during elementary and junior high school. Genuine nice guys! It's very hard to shake the thoughts of what they must be going through and here we sit with absolutely nothing we can do to help other than offer up our prayers.

Still trying to find time to finish my Clive Cussler book. It's very good! Just taking me longer than usual.

No comments: