Saturday, June 7, 2008

Foot tapping

I spent last evening listening to my son play and sing in his new band. It was a very enjoyable. It's wonderful to sit back and take all the credit for your child's successes. I'm selfish that way. After all, my family was filled with singers and there were some talented musicians along the way, so why not take credit. Their good looks and intelligent............MINE! If they do something less than perfect than I give credit to their "biological mistake." Needless to say, he gets no credit!

I finished a wonderful novel by Elizabeth Berg. "True to Form" is so charming. The life a 13 year old girl in the early 1960's. Friendships, mistakes, and parental influences. Just a lovely story by one of my favorite authors.

A morning of tennis..........the French Open finals are this weekend. I'm not familiar with the women who are playing this morning but tomorrow is the Federer/Nadal match. Here's hoping that Federer can finally break Nadal's winning streak on clay. Nadal just creeps me out! I love tennis! Don't play it; just like to watch it. I've tried it but it involves exercise and that's like signing up for the plague. Doing something outside in the heat (unless it's fishing) is just not my cup of tea. It wouldn't be so bad if I had what the professionals have.....someone to chase the balls that go all over the place. I'm much better at watching!

No comments: