Thursday, June 5, 2008

I read her again.........

I know I said I wouldn't read Patricia Cornwell again but I did say that if it was rated higher I'd give it a try. "The Front" is a sequel to "At Risk" which I have to admit I don't remember. If you're going to do a sequel there shouldn't be a two year wait between books. I guess she's vain enough to think that she's the only author out there and that we're waiting anxiously for her new publications. I even dug out the book jacket for "At Risk" and couldn't get enough from it to remember the characters. That was one of the problems with "The Front." I couldn't place the people involved and it was such a short book that Patricia didn't spend anytime refreshing our memories. That would have helped considerably. Once I got into the book a little it was a bit more interesting but it was difficult to pull some of the segments together. She has a good premise for a new set of characters but she needs to take time to make the story longer and more interesting. Also, don't wait so long between books.

I'm anxiously awaiting James Patterson and Jeffrey Deaver's new books. They're due out in days. I ordered them from Amazon so it will take a little longer to get them. I'm trying to be patient!

I'm missing the grandkids! I used to see them regularly but now they're busy with sports and friends, etc. They don't need a babysitter so the over night stays are gone. I dreaded this but knew it was coming. Doesn't make it any easier though when they were such a big part of your life for the last 13 years. I don't even think that cable and high speed internet will help at this point.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Danie said she told you she wants to come over next sunday and spend some time...a few days at least. She still loves you!

fernie said...

I know! Teenagers have a lot of stuff going on. Just having a down moment!

Geoff said...

cable helps everything!