Saturday, June 14, 2008

Sad news.......

We were out late last night at an early Father's Day celebration dinner. First we went to our grandson's baseball game. A nail biter at the end and a big win. Dinner followed at a local seafood restaurant which had us dragging ourselves home about 10:30 last night. That was when we turned on the television and saw the tribute to Tim Russert. I watched for several minutes before I realized that he had passed away. I couldn't or didn't want to accept it. What a loss! I might not have agreed with his obvious politics but I did like his reporting and his directness when interviewing anyone he had on his show. His family values were always forefront. I know how he was looking forward to this election and it won't be the same without his little "white" board to explain what the heck was going on as far as elector votes, etc. I have to give credit to NBC. A tribute last night and the whole two hours this morning on the TODAY show with the big guns pulled in for the weekend version. Tomorrow Tom Brokaw will host the "Meet the Press Show" with another tribute. Like losing a friend!

Off to two big events today! Lot of travel to get there. A birthday bash and a family reunion!

No comments: