Saturday, July 19, 2008

Dog Days of Summer

I know that the dog days of summer are supposed to be in August but it sure seems like we're in them now. I don't want to leave the house for any reason. I was lucky this week and had a nice visit from my children. My son is off from teaching for the summer so he came out for lunch. My granddaughter was here visiting. Later my daughter and my grandson came by so it was a nice visit. I seldom get them to myself and it was a treat.

I put "Cloudsplitter" aside for reading when I'm at the office. I'm almost finished. John Brown was a definite nut job. His goal was a good one but his methods were insane. I'm in the middle of his Kansas brutality and butchery. I'm finishing "The Savage Garden" by Mark Mills. Very interesting study of an Italian garden and villa. Is the garden a memorial to the builder's wife or a clue to her death (1548)? Is the villa holding secrets of a more current murder (1944)? Very intriguing!

No comments: