Saturday, July 12, 2008

Once

Netflix's doesn't usually make mistakes when sending out their movies but they've done it twice in my case. The first time they sent an apology and immediately sent the right DVD and told me to enjoy the incorrect one. Which I did. This time they sent something I hadn't ordered but didn't realize, I guess, that it was wrong. Once again, I enjoyed it. It's a little Irish musical called "Once" and I remember hearing about it a while back when it made a hit at the Sundance Film Festival in 2007. I think I had even seen the performers on the TODAY show or one of those daytime things. Other than struggling a little with the accent and my aging ears, it was quite fun. That little vein of Irish blood that flows through me made me want to join right in.

I'm still struggling through "Cloudsplitter." Only a third of the way. If I didn't want to refresh my mind as to what John Brown had actually done other than the stuff I learned in history class, then I would give it up. It's like pulling teeth to get through all the ramblings to learn my history. Good thing that none of my regular authors have come out with anything new. I know there's a James Patterson due out later in the month so I have to finish by then or it's "history!"

No comments: