Wednesday, July 23, 2008

James Patterson again.......

So I rushed out, sort of, and got the latest James Patterson novel. "The Dangerous Days of Daniel X." It's co-written with another of his "authors of the month." This is another series geared toward the young. Full of aliens and heroes! Not as good, or as believeable, as his Maximum Ride series, but fun.

Got an email today from an old friend! We started working together on August 3rd 40 years ago. I lasted only a few months because of getting pregnant and having morning sickness all day long. We continued our friendship even though years can go by between visits. She's coming to visit the end of the month. It should be a fun day since we usually get on a roll and laugh through our visits. Another long time friend (the longest I have) is coming this weekend. She's going through a divorce after MANY years of marriage. Very sad time! Happy to see her but wish it were under better circumstances.

I'm struggling through "Eat, Pray, Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert. It says on the cover that it's a National Bestseller and I'm trying to figure out who determines this and what they're smoking or taking to determine it. It's the author's experiences after she divorces her husband. She decides to spend a year (four months at a time) in Italy, India and Indonesia. She ate her way through Italy learning the language. After her 4 months she headed to India to live in a compound to meditate and do yoga (I think she just was trying to lose the weight she gained in Italy). This was such a boring part of the book that I wanted to skip right through it. Now she's in Indonesia hanging with an ancient "healer" trying to find GOD. She meditated for 4 months and she couldn't find Him then. I only picked this book because the woman next to me in the store said "Oh, I read this and it was funny!" I wanted a laugh but so far I haven't experienced it. I'm very close to just throwing it aside and not finishing the trip to Indonesia. YAWN!!!

No comments: